We provide a grant of $200,000 USD
In addition to funding, we provide:
- Highly customized coaching
- Mentorship & expertise
- Introductions to customers, investors, & other strategic partners
We work with companies across three different modules:
- Develop and test your growth hypothesis
- Validate and vet your value proposition with customers in the market
- Gather market data before making big strategic bets
Sales and Growth
- Set up your organization for repeatable sales
- Identify must-win accounts and develop a roadmap to succeed
- Develop a strategy to price pilot projects and design them for follow-on growth
- Work through company transitions such as pivots and new market expansion
- Work on critical operational elements such as supply chain roadmap
- Analyze organizational requirements to scale
As a nonprofit, we ask for a 3-4% warrant donation to align our success with yours — and to support future entrepreneurs. Payment is milestone-based, as modules are completed.
We first applied for Elemental because of the cohort. If you’re in a young vertical, there are not a lot of other executives around to help you. Finding an accelerator that is specifically catered towards your vertical helps you a lot.
Through Elemental Excelerator, we honed our strategy. There was one day during Kickoff Week where we spoke to 10 different functional groups within Hawaiian Electric to understand their needs. It was customer discovery on steroids.
Right now Goodr is a small, but mighty team. My vision for Goodr is huge. Hunger doesn’t just exist in Atlanta. It’s in every city, every community. It doesn’t discriminate. So we need to know how to do what we do, for the masses.
Who should apply?
A strong team with relevant domain experience and key insights into the market.
Companies that have developed a scalable solution that shows growth potential beyond their home market. We like for the technology to be validated by a third party – we don’t take technology risk.
Companies looking to develop and test sales and growth strategies, develop operational scale-up tactics, and incorporate market intelligence into major business decisions.
Who should not apply?
- Companies with fewer than two full-time employees
- Companies without a working prototype
- Project developers selling third-party products
- Consulting firms
- Marketing or PR agencies
- Acquired startups
(online and in-person)
Cohort 9 comes together for the first time for a week of workshops and facilitated discussions that advance companies toward key inflection points and introduces them to our local ecosystem.
Equity & Access Immersive
Companies focusing on Equity & Access will reconvene in the Bay Area for Equity In / Equity Out programming and to continue relationship development with local partners.
100+ leadership teams from our newest cohort and alumni companies share networks, knowledge, and insights over the course of a 2-3 day summit.
At Interactive we curate a room of 250+ investors actively funding companies in the energy, water, agriculture, mobility, and circular economy sectors. All Cohort 9 company CEOs will be given an opportunity to speak on stage and set up one-on-one meetings with investors.
For our next cohort, we are seeking technologies in these sectors:
- Robotics, artificial intelligence & machine learning
- Asset management tools
- Manufacturing, commercial & industrial solutions
- Grid design & safety
- Energy efficiency
- Carbon sequestration & capture
- Affordable & clean options for low-to-medium income customers
- Democratization of energy
- Electrification of everything
- Tech at the nexus of other sectors
In 2019, we funded companies tackling everything from demand response to hyperlocal climate risk analysis to democratizing access to renewable energy. In 2020, we’re looking for companies whose innovations help us accelerate the transition to a more equitable, resilient, and sustainable and clean energy sector.
- Affordable, appealing, & reliable mobility options for those most in need – super commuters, seniors & frontline communities
- Behavior change solutions to reduce single-occupancy vehicles
- Increased convenience, appeal & access to electric transportation
- Reduced emissions in heavy freight, shipping, logistics, & air travel
- Enhanced roadway infrastructure safety, resiliency & disaster planning
Despite the recent flood of new mobility solutions entering the industry, for the most part, we’re still avoiding the elephant in the room — cars. With personal vehicle ownership and overall car trips continuing to climb, GHG emissions are soaring, traffic is increasing in almost every city, and large and mostly empty vessels are polluting the frontline neighborhoods that all too often house our freeways and major roadways. We need to redirect the brainpower and investment that has come into the transportation sector to ensure that we’re on a path toward transitioning to a fully clean and equitable mobility ecosystem.
- Carbon sequestration & soil health
- Food safety & traceability
- Waste reduction & diversion
- Alternative proteins
- Technologies that reduce or combat deforestation
- Supply chain platforms that support increased access to food, resources & land
- Solutions that reduce energy use, toxic synthetic inputs & the overuse of water
Recent reports from the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change illustrate the global food systemʼs significant contribution to climate change. We seek companies whose innovations increase local food production and decrease emissions throughout the value chain, from farm to fork.
- Measurement & repair
- Emerging contaminants & newly regulated substances treatment
- System optimization
- Membrane related systems
- Decentralized treatment solutions
- Capital-efficient utility upgrades
- Technology related to human capital
- Data & AI-based maintenance tools
- Safe, affordable, non-discriminatory drinking water solutions
- Emergency preparedness
- Conservation & water reuse solutions
Most public investment goes to centralized infrastructure, overlooking opportunities for improvement elsewhere in the water ecosystem. We prioritize technologies that take a decentralized approach, help municipalities and utilities reduce pollution, and advance solutions to provide clean water for all.
- Waste-to-value solutions
- Carbon capture & sequestration
- Resource recovery & reuse
- Textile & apparel recycling
- Source reduction & data collection platforms
- Alternative packaging & next-generation waste sorting & processing technology
- Solutions that create high-quality, local jobs for people who live in frontline communities
- Manufacturing companies interested in ‘Equity IN’ projects to establish diverse hiring, inclusion & retention, & responsible supply chain practices
Our existing industrial and waste systems are unsustainable and inequitable. As we aspire to redesign waste streams using new technologies and business models, we’re looking for market solutions that create value from greenhouse gas emissions and other waste products, keep products and materials in use, and regenerate natural systems.