Since 2010, we have been providing internships and fellowships for young people to ignite a passion for climate solutions and social justice.
Explore careers in climate tech through summer internships at startups changing the world
A summer internship with an Elemental company is much more than a paying job and an opportunity to gain valuable work experience. It’s about finding joy in your work, and facing barriers, and overcoming frustrations to unlock personal growth.
This internship was a great learning experience at the intersection between startups, accelerators, and the environment.
I will be staying on, and hope to be a full-time in the spring, when my degree is completed.
For the first time in my professional career, it finally felt like the work I was doing was meaningful and aligned with who I am as a person.
Beyond Career Experience, Interns Will:
- Connect with a professional career coach
- Learn from experienced professionals
- Build a network of mission-aligned mentors and peers
- Connect with industry professionals in your career pathway
- Understand the climate tech startup ecosystem
- Build confidence in your abilities, communication skills, and self-advocacy in the workplace
- Understand your role in a team and your part in meeting the goals of the host company
Dec 15 – Feb 19:
Internship applications are open
March 1 – 28:
Application review and interviews completed with host companies
Interns receive and accept offers
June 7 – August 13:
Summer Internship Program
- All opportunities will be full-time (40 hrs a week) and remote unless otherwise specified in the job description. In-person internships will depend on COVID-19, internal safety measures, and needs of the position.
- $25.00 per hour
- 10 weeks: June 7-August 13, 2021
- Host companies are headquartered around the world. Please be mindful of timezone requirements for each position.