Melissa is Chief of Staff at Elemental Excelerator, driving strategy and developing opportunities that further the mission.
Prior to Elemental Excelerator
Melissa practiced commercial litigation, real estate, and municipal project finance law at Alston Hunt Floyd & Ing in Honolulu, Hawaii. She has worked for the Environmental Working Group in Washington D.C. on environmental health policy and for the United Nations Development Program on community and individual land rights issues. Melissa was also a Nature Conservancy Science fellow at the Natural Capital Project at Stanford University where she focused on international ecosystem service valuation mechanisms. Melissa has a J.D. from the William S. Richardson School of Law with an additional certificate in environmental law and a B.S. from Santa Clara University.
Outside of the office
Melissa enjoys surfing, hiking, and traveling.
More from Melissa in these select interviews and articles:
- Kevin de León Wants Cleantech to Focus More on Equity and Access in Greentech Media
- Founder Stories: Fatemeh Shirazi of Microvi by Elemental Excelerator
- Founder Stories: Steph Speirs of Solstice by Elemental Excelerator
- Founder Stories: Christine Su of PastureMap by Elemental Excelerator
- Letter From Marrakech, Lessons From Dr. Jonathan Pershing in CleanTechnica