From crafting your inaugural board structure to navigating management rights and decision-making processes through to an exit, we will unpack the mystery behind the Whos, Whats, Whys, and Whens that take place at the board level. You’ll hear from portfolio leaders at various stages of growth and then engage in breakout discussions to tackle your burning questions. Leverage your peer-to-peer network during this session for do’s and don’ts on how to effectively integrate the management of your board into growth plans.
We’ll ask strategic questions such as:
- Pros and cons of an early stage company formalizing a board?
- Who should be on it and why?
- In what ways is the board expected to change throughout the fundraising journey?
- What are some best practices for recruiting independent advisors and directors?
- What does a reverse-interview with a lead investor look like?
- What are sub-committees and how do they play a role in growth plans and management style?
- Why or why not to give data rights?
- What role does a CEO need to play in aligning board members around fundraising and/or exit strategy?