Every Day at Elemental
We work toward deploying solutions fast enough to meet the challenges presented by our changing climate. Not just the environmental challenges, but the economic and social ones too.
Each year, we publish our Impact Report. Our Impact Reports include stories of how we helped Stem as a Series A startup in 2014 prove a business model that unlocked the growth of its energy storage systems, how we are helping Ampaire’s hybrid-electric airplane take flight in 2020, and how each of these project deployments adds up to shifting local and global markets. Learn more about our mission and how we invest with impact:
A Letter From Our CEO
This chart drives me. It tells us that we must act urgently to peak global greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and each year, month, and day that we delay we stride closer to the consequences of climate change. It’s our opportunity for innovation.
Source: Mission 2020; it was shared with me by Christiana Figueres, the architect of the Paris Climate Agreement.
I started Elemental Excelerator because I felt the urgency of taking the best climate-tech startups and entrepreneurs from labs to markets, and recognized the catalytic potential project funding can have if it’s surrounded by the right resources. In order for new technology to have an impact on our GHG emissions, it had to be proven in the real world and there was a gap in funding for this kind of work. With that in mind, we built a platform for startups primed for commercial growth to collaborate with corporates, philanthropists, VCs, policymakers, community organizations, and each other to scale solutions to climate change at local and global levels.
So here we are, 10 years after investing our first dollar in our first company and project deployment. Our mission remains the same despite the fact that we are constantly evolving. And as we continue to embrace change and growth, here are some questions that are top of mind for us at Elemental Excelerator, and where we could use your help.
- How do we help companies scale as quickly as possible to profitably reduce emissions?
- What are the best ways to ensure that communities who will suffer the most from climate change are among the first to access innovations that will help?
- How do we bring more people and partners into the tent at the nexus of community and climate?
- How can we engage more of you in our upcoming efforts to launch new investment vehicles that catalyze action?
- And finally, how do we find grace with each other to acknowledge our shortcomings, forgive our missteps, and lift each other as we pursue change?
If you feel compelled to be a part of this mission, please get in touch at email@example.com. We would love to hear from you.